Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Your Works Are Wonderful

In honor of Trevor's birthday coming up this weekend, here's a post that is dear to my heart.


When I was 28 weeks pregnant with Trevor, I went and had one of those 3D/4D ultrasounds done. It nearly took my breath away to see how perfectly formed my child was, even 12 weeks before I'd hold him in my arms. It was like getting a glimpse of that "I knit you together in your mother's womb" process. Absolutely miraculous. We didn't even have Trevor's middle name picked out at this point (it's Samuel), didn't have the carseat installed or the nursery ready. We still had three months to go. And yet he was already Trevor, just in miniature form. Only a pound or two, but fully Trevor. Fingers, toes, ears and nose--all there.


Throughout my pregnancy I sang a Chris Tomlin song (but changed a few words):


"Indescribable, uncontainable,

You placed this child within me and You know him by name--

You are amazing, God!"


And You are. More and more I see Your mercies as his little life unfolds. His life is meant for Your purposes, Lord. His days are meant to bring You glory. Set him apart to do Your will.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.