Monday, October 26, 2009

Echo in Your Heart

Aila, let love and faithfulness never leave you. Bind them around your neck. Write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:3-6
I prayed these words over Aila even as a newborn--I'd just speak them over and over. She doesn't get it. Doesn't matter. I'll keep speaking because I know they'll echo in her little heart. His truth has a way of reverberating in our souls for days, weeks, months, and years, and I just can't wait to see her life unfold--a life that bears fruit of the truth we're trying to sow in her heart now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.