Thursday, October 29, 2009

Can't Not Remember

October 29, 2007 was the due date for our second son. I can't not remember this day, thinking of the boy I've not yet gotten to see or hold.




And yet this was just the sweetest day celebrating what IS seen--spending the day with the children, and then this evening our whole family went to the park / dog park together. When we first got there we released a blue balloon took a moment to remember our angel baby, and then went and had a blast! The weather was perfect and beautiful, and the kids and our dog Jack were delighted to run around. It was just the perfect evening.


Remembering isn't some black armband thing for me, but it is something I can't see not doing. To each his own, but for me, I choose to remember. Because remembering means hugging Trevor and Aila extra tight, spending a little extra time rocking with them at bedtime, and giving thanks to God that I get to SEE beauty for ashes and HOLD the oil and gladness instead of mourning and look into the face of redemption every single day.



And it means remembering I'm a mom of three.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.