Monday, January 5, 2009

The Flight


I have to admit, I was pretty nervous taking both kids on the flight by myself. Justin had to finish up the school week before heading out to California for Christmas, so it was alllll me. With a 3-year old and an 11-month old.


Delta called someone to help us through the airport, but after a LONG wait, still no one had shown up to help us. I thanked the man at the counter for calling for help and said, "We have to go--we're going to miss our flight." And we nearly did!


I ran through the airport with Trevor trying to keep up, Aila in my arms, dragging two carseats and 2 carry-ons. Onto the concourse train and off, up the escalator, and down the long corridor to our gate...and when the lady saw us she said, "Don't tell me you're on this flight!" The door was already closed. She took our boarding passes in a huff but never gave them back, so I didn't know our seat numbers, and there were no two seats together. Finally we got seated, at which point I mopped the sweat off my forehead and breathed a sigh of relief. It was totally worth it to see everyone! Not to mention the fun I had watching Trevor watch the takeoff and landing! He's been on 4 flights before, but he was a good bit younger for all of them. This time was fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.