Friday, December 18, 2009

Rainy Days Are Good for Something

I'm a sunshine girl, hands down. Not a big fan of the rain. Maybe because if the air has the slightest bit of moisture in it, my hair frizzes until it resembles Diana Ross's. Let's just say I'm not one of those people who has cute "rain hair." :) And if I'm purposely out in the rain to splash in rain puddles with the kids and then go inside to change into warm, dry clothes, then that's fun--that I don't mind. But usually it's more like having to run into the grocery store while I'm trying to shield three of us from a downpour. Not fun.


So I don't usually "love me some rain." But there's a big difference between a rainy day with lots to do and a rainy day with nothing to do. The former is a thorn in my flesh, but the latter is wonderful. Like today...


Trevor and I watched Charlotte's Web and drank hot apple cider, nice and warm inside our house, while it stormed outside. Aila snoozed away upstairs, and the house was all lit up awaiting Justin's arrival home to start two weeks of Christmas vacation. It's been a really wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.