Friday, December 25, 2009

Am I the Only One...

...who does not like making Christmas cookies? I tried it this year for the first time--and I mean the "make-the-dough-and-roll-it-out-and cut-it-into-shapes" variety--and it wasn't as fun as I had hoped it would be! Here's why:
1. I cannot bake to save my life. Cooking--that I can handle. Baking, not so much.

2. It's quite a little process. You have to make sure the dough is chilled enough. So I did this and tried to roll it out and then Justin said, "You have to let it soften a bit." So I waited a bit, but apparently too long, because then it was TOO soft. I'm thinking I just don't have patience for such high-maintenance Christmas traditions! Give me a crockpot of mulled apple cider, Christmas music and a fire in the fireplace and I'm a happy girl.

3. It started out fun. Trevor was helping me in his cute little apron and chef's hat, and I was really enjoying getting everything ready with him, but then he took off and wanted to play outside instead of helping. And believe me, when I'm trying to work off some of the "jiggle in my jello," I don't really want to be making cookies for ME. That's right about the time when it became something other than fun. * The thing is, I really feel like I am supposed to like making Christmas cookies. But I just don't! There--I said it! Now that I'm free to not make them for another year, I think I'll cozy-up with my family and some peppermint hot chocolate by a warm fire. Now those are traditions I love!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, there is one VERY positive aspect to your cookie adventure. That picture of Trevor is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.