Thursday, November 27, 2008

I Am So Thankyou

No, that's not a typo. Instead of saying "thankful," Trevor says "thankyou." So tonight when I put Trevor to bed, he was just so tender and sweet. And after a conversation with him that was so special I know I'll never forget it, he held my face in his hands and said, "I am so thankyou for you."

We spent this Thanksgiving with the Graham fam...Bruce & Linda, Pete, Julie, and Nate, James, John & Jen, Matthew and Sarah. Always a fun and special time! I'll have to upload photos later...gotta get some sleep tonight.

Today was Aila's first Thanksgiving. A year ago I was on bed rest due to Aila's IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restriction) diagnosis, and Dr. Street told me to eat, eat, eat! Now THAT was a great Thanksgiving...but this one was so much better. It was the four of us. Our family. So thankful and so blessed. And to think that none of us even knew that God had Nate in store for Pete and Julie this time last year--he is such a gift from God.


Lord, thank You for loving us, saving us, and giving us hope now and forever. Thank you for our marriage, thank you for our children, our families, our friends, our health, our church, our jobs, our warm home, clothes on our backs and food on our table. Thank you for freedom. Thank you that You desire more for us than we even desire for ourselves. Thank You for knowing us more intimately than we know ourselves. Thank you that we're here on purpose. Thank you that we are a planting of the Lord for the display of your splendor (Isaiah 61).

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.