Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Five

Here's a little survey that was passed my way entitled "The Five":

Ten years ago I:

1. had no idea that my Kitchen-Aid Mixer was 3,000 miles away, but that we were on our way to each other.
2. was 22 years old.
3. was plugging away at my bachelor's degree, attending California State University Stanislaus,
and working at Turlock Christian Preschool.
4. had extraordinarily short hair.
5. went on a family cruise to Hawaii to celebrate my grandparents' 50th anniversary (see their 60th anniversary pics here).

Five things on my “To Do” List today:

1. Praaaaay.
2. Make a list of things to take on our trip to California.
3. Take a moment to breathe.
4. Get better. All the way better.
5. Hug the three other people under this roof extra tight.
* 6. Vote in Tuesday's runoff election for the GA senate seat (I had to put a #6 in there--this one's a big one).

Five snacks I enjoy:

1. Oreos. Which is why I stay away. Can't each just one....box. ;)
2. Chocolate-covered almonds. I think Dr. Street thought I was crazy when I told her I was having cravings so severe that I would knock over an old lady just to get a handful of chocolate-covered almonds. AFTER I had already had Aila.
3. Peaches and Strawberries.
4. Shortbread.
5. Caramel.

Mmm....I forgot--what was I doing?

Five things I would do if I were a millionaire:

1. I'd be all about giving to build God's Kingdom.
2. I'd live debt-FREE!!!
3. I'd buy Justin a car with air conditioning.
4. I'd live within my means with lots of margin (yes, even as a millionaire).
5. I'd go on lots of dates with my husband.
6. I'd take my kids to the zoo, to the park, to the children's museum and not worry about what the gas or price of admission would cost.

Five places I have lived:
1. Turlock, CA
2. Mount Hermon, CA
3. Arlington, MA
4. Wayland, MA
5. Acworth, GA

Five jobs I have had:
1. Accounts Payable Clerk (bet ya didn't know that about me, did ya???)--for 5 years!
2. Preschool Aide
3. Nanny
4. Substitute Teacher
5. First Grade Teacher

Five things I know for sure:
1. Jesus loves me.
2. I did, nor do I, nor will I do anything to be worthy of His love, but it's mine anyway.
3. My family is my number one ministry.
4. It's God, then Justin, then Trevor and Aila.
5. I have it really, really, really, really, really good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.