Tuesday, June 30, 2009

It's Just Not the Same

This is how we celebrated Fathers' Day--minus Justin. It's actually how we've spent the past 14 days. We've gotten to talk for a total of about 6 minutes in those 14 days, and I can really, really feel it. I miss my best friend. I've felt like I've been walking through a fog--I'm not myself at all. It's truly just not the same without him! It's one thing to not have him physically here with us--that's hard enough. But to go day after day--8 days straight, actually--with no contact...just makes me thankful for every day we do have him here. The kids are showing signs of missing him--Trevor is just quieter somehow, and Aila asks over and over for her daddy.
THANKFULLY, later on today we'll head into Atlanta to pick Justin up at the airport. I can hardly stand to wait even a few hours more! We're so thankful God has been using him these last two weeks in the Dominican Republic. But oh, how we long to have him home!






No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.