Thursday, June 18, 2009

Blog Tag - The Letter B

My friend Judi tagged me in her blog--she had to find all the LETTER A things on her Ipod and write a commentary. She tagged me for LETTER B. I found just one thing, but here it is:

Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts.

I don't really even listen to too much country music, but I love this song. The song first came out a few years ago, before kids, and it made me think of how some heartaches along the way were all part of what led me to Justin. At the time it may have been tough, but I'm grateful for the ones who passed me up, because I was freed up for the one God held in store for me!

Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart, they were like northern stars
pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
that God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you.


A few years later, the song also reminds me of Trevor and Aila, and how God brought blessings from brokenness in bringing them into our lives.

I guess this song makes me think of how the Lord gives beauty for our ashes, and the oil of gladness in exchange for mourning! His redemption is so very sweet. He is mighty and good!

Okay, now I tag my blogging small group friends with the LETTER C!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.