Saturday, May 15, 2010

Mother's Day 2010

I know I'm not a perfect mommy. I forget you asked for a sippy cup of milk,
I underreact at times and overreact at times, and sometimes your clean laundry is on the dining room table instead of in your drawers.
But I pray you'll know the wide, long, high and deep love of Jesus, because you saw it lived out.
I hope you'll remember me stroking your hair while we rocked in your rocking chair.
I hope you'll think of our hot chocolate "How was your day" dates on the couch.
I pray you'll think back to our nightly songs we sang.
I hope you'll be mindful of how very much I wanted you.
I pray you'll know that I flooded the gates of heaven in request of you. You, little one.
I hope you'll consider that I waged war on my knees for you, and you are so very worth it. Thanks for making me a Mommy, sweet children. I hope I am worthy of that precious name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.