Friday, May 28, 2010

Conversations


It's fun having conversations with the kids. Here are some recent ones with Trevor:

"Hey Mommy, I've been praying to God."
"About what?"
"About how I want to start a dogsled team. Jack (our 13-pound Jack Russell) and Dixie (the 3-pound tiny dog from the cul-de-sac) could pull it."
"So are you moving to Alaska?"
"No, I think I'll just start one here in Georgia." (He may not understand the whole climate thing!)
Then there was the one we had about how when he grows up, he'll live in his own house with his wife and kids (We're not going to have apron-strings issues around here!!). So then this conversation happened:

"Mommy, why do I have to live in a different house than you when I grow up?"
(I explained that he will have his very own house but we'll visit him at his house and he'll visit ours)
"Well then I think I will need to live in the house Carol (our neighbor) lives in now, because then it will be easy for me to get to your house."
"But you'll be able to drive and will have your own car."
"No, I don't think I'll be able to drive. I just have too much trouble with all those panels."


* And then I overheard Aila say to a fly that landed on a table nearby:
"Hi--I'm Aila. That's Trevor. I can see your bottom." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.