Thursday, July 9, 2009

I Did This!

Our friend Carolyn Hagen once said,
"When was the last time you did something for the first time?"

While Justin was away, I decided (perhaps in a moment of temporary insanity) to take on the yard. I wanted to tear out one of the bushes in the front, mow the lawn, put down some fresh mulch...What I unearthed was one heck of a termite problem, a root system on that little bush that gave me one heck of a run for my money, and the realization that I have NEVER used a lawnmower, nor a weedwhacker, in my life!

Well, the Terminix guy came and sprayed the next day. And I got that stinkin' bush out of the ground (Bush + roots = 9 days of work). And thanks to Liz Kaiser's lesson in lawn mowing, I moved my first lawn.


I was actually kind of excited to do something new--an accomplishment!

That being said, now that Justin's back from the Dominican, that lawn mower is ALL HIS!

Where that bush used to be...



No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.