Monday, July 20, 2009

Hospital Run #1 - An Ambulance Ride to the ER

On Friday night, my parents watched the kids while Justin and I got to have a night away--we stayed in Atlanta at my aunt & uncle's home. But I woke up just after 4am with pain in my back that very quickly worsened. In less than an hour I went from sleeping soundly to writhing in pain on the floor, waiting for the ambulance. It was right up there with labor pain! This should have clued me in to what was going on, since there's an episode of Friends (the best show ever to grace the airwaves) in which Joey gets a kidney stone and is in terrible pain. And since I was nearly 100% sure I wasn't in labor, I should've at least guessed it could be a kidney stone.

Soooo...6 hours at Emory Hospital, lots of too-low blood pressure, more blood work than I ever would care to have done, and a CT scan later....kidney stone.

Who knew something SO small could wreak such havoc???? Good Heavens!!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh Thea. I had no idea. You didn't tell me about this! I hope that you are OK now. I mean obviously you are since I saw you yesterday. Why didn't you tell me?! If anything like this ever happens again I want a phone call PLEASE. For some reason I still feel worried about you now. It is the mom in me I know. Ugh! I'm glad you're better now.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.