Monday, October 13, 2008

Thankful

Today I'm just aware of all I have. The God who is in control in these uncertain times actually loves me, guides me, lets His beautiful favor rest upon me, gives me sure footing...indwells me. I have a husband who is the real thing--an amazing man, and the person I'd genuinely rather spend time with than anyone else. I have two beautiful, healthy children sleeping in their warm beds, and the hope of Heaven where I'll embrace the child we haven't yet held. I have family who loves me so much--I've never had to doubt it. I have friends--friends I've had for years, including the same best friend of 20 years, and new friends as well. I have health. I have work--work that I pray that the Lord will keep secure during these tough economic times. I have food to eat when I go downstairs for breakfast, and a meal already in the crockpot for our dinner tonight. I have four walls and a roof that keeps us warm, and is filled with love. I live in a country that is free, in which I can pray and worship without fear of punishment. I have mercies that are new every single morning without fail...

And I am grateful. Grateful.

1 comment:

  1. i didn't even know you had a blog.
    what a treat this is.

    yes, we have so much to be graetful for, so much!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.