Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sweating at Simpsonwood

On Friday we got to have a little getaway at Simpsonwood Retreat Center with The Women's League ladies. It was really nice! But it was, hands down, the most insanely humid couple of days EVER. Dad & Peggy said their glasses kept fogging up the moment they stepped outside. (This picture looks blurry because the lens fogged up in the H U M I D I T Y ).


The kids loved this door with Jesus carved into it. It was 3D and the hands came out of the door, and I thought you were supposed to pull on one of Jesus' hands to open the door. Turns out the door doesn't open at all--the one next to it does. Had I pulled any harder, I think I would've broken off one of Jesus' hands! That would've been bad...

A hug from my babies, and then off to speak.

A really nice weekend! Although now that we're home, I think I'll spend the next week sitting directly in front of the air conditioning vent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.