Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Sleep


I don't know what it was...but last night I just HAD to go in and scoop Trevor up out of bed and hold him. He was sound asleep, but I took him in my arms and held him for a long time. I prayed for him and I just studied his face--something he's usually moving WAY too fast for me to be able to do. I marveled at his long legs--when did he grow up? We have a video of Trevor when I was pregnant with him--I was only 17 weeks along when we found out he was a boy, but I remember being absolutely amazed at how formed and how perfect his leg bones were on the ultrasound. And now those same long legs were spilling over my arms as I held my almost 4-year old boy.

It's going fast.

P.S. I didn't take this picture as I held him--too sacred a moment. I caught this shot last week while he napped in the car. ;)

2 comments:

  1. I used to study my children when they were asleep also. Something so beautiful about them then. I love you, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet. mine are getting to big too scoop, oh but i use to. wish i could, even for a moment. but i sit by their bedside and watch them, soaking them up, scooping them up in my heart.

    and yes, what long lashes!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
United States
We are committed to walking through this life in a way that brings glory to our awesome God, making dents in this world in His name on our way home to Heaven.